A common misunderstanding is that sheave/pulleys are not significantly affected by misalignment. This assumption means that the industry has unnecessarily high electricity bills. Several studies have shown that proper alignment can lead to savings of up to 10% in energy costs alone!
Extending service life thanks to correct alignment is easy. And whichever of our tools you choose for belt transmission alignment it usually pays for itself within a few months.
Correctly aligned machines mean great improvements
- Increased machine availability
- Increased service life of belts, pulleys and bearings
- Less risk of overheating and secondary damage
- Reduced noise level
- Less risk of serious breakdowns
- Safer working environment
- Greater overall savings with fewer spare parts, lower energy consumption and less unscheduled downtime.
The advantages of laser compared to traditional technology
Using lasers makes work faster and easier than with traditional methods such as rulers and cords. In addition, they are much more accurate. From the belt manufacturer’s side it is sometimes recommended that there is a maximum angular error between the pulleys of 0.5 to 0.25 degrees for optimal service life and efficiency. Such small angles cannot be seen with the naked eye without the assistance of a laser.